Mourinho gets behind Chelsea

Image text here
Jose Mourinho: Hoping Chelsea win the UEFA Champions League

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho hopes Chelsea win the UEFA Champions League after seeing his side knocked out by Bayern Munich on Wednesday night. 

The Spanish giants, trailing 2-1 from the first leg, raced into to 2-0 lead inside 15 minutes at the Bernabeu thanks to a double from Cristiano Ronaldo, but Bayern levelled the tie through Arjen Robben's penalty just before the half hour mark.

Neither side could then break the deadlock as the game drifted into extra-time and finally penalties and after Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos had all missed for the hosts, Bastian Schweinsteiger rattled home his spot-kick which means Bayern will become the first side to host a Champions League final on their own ground when they face Chelsea on May 19th.

With his side out of the running, Mourinho hopes the Blues can conquer Europe for the first time, having previously spent three seasons in charge at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese boss praised his former club for their stout defensive performance against Barcelona at Camp Nou on Tuesday and was scathing of those who criticised their tactics.

Heroes

"Chelsea were heroes yesterday," he said.

"People who criticise them know nothing about character, effort and how a team with 10 men can resist physically, mentally and tactically. It reminded me of my own Inter Milan team two years ago.

"The Chelsea fans are fantastic, as are the German fans so I hope they enjoy it and it is a great final, but I hope Chelsea win."

Mourinho also hinted that the disappointment of falling at the semi-final stage for a second consecutive season may encourage him to stay in Madrid.

"I want to win this title with this team. Reaching two semi-finals is not bad but of course we want more and my feelings are that the group still has room for growth," he said.

"I will discuss my ideas with the club of how to move us forward on and off the pitch and if the club think I can contribute something, which I get the feeling they do, then I think I will continue."
Source : SkySport

0 komentar:

Post a Comment